I am super excited to share this post with you. Back in September I purchased a bedside table from an add on Kijiji. The table cost $10. The plan was to create a play kitchen for my girls, as a Christmas present. I had my doubts that the project would actually get finished by Christmas. But, with my dad's help the bulk of the work was finished before December. My mom helped out by scouting around for various items: bowl for the sink, tea towel, rolling pin, etc.
Thank you to vintage songbird and homemade by Jill for such a great idea. This was a super fun project and I am very happy with the final results.
Here are the details on the materials:
- Bedside table: Kijiji $10
- Sink: bowl from a dollar store
- Stove dials and taps: from Michaels
- Faucet: letter 'J' from Michaels
- Curtain: scrap material
- Spoons: IKEA $5
- Burners: CDs painted white
- Magnum sharpie to draw the burners onto the CDs
- Oven handle: Home Depot ~$5
- Picture frame: parent's basement
The apron was finished off just a few days before Christmas. It was made from two fat quarters. Super quick to make.
Overall, this project cost less than $50. Thank you again to vintage songbird and homemade by Jill for the inspiration.